Jonah Engler’s entrepreneurial experience spans multiple industries and includes leading multimillion-dollar ventures throughout New York. Jonah Engler also considers a strong commitment to a work ethic a crucial component to the success of both his personal and professional endeavors. The following list covers suggestions for boosting work ethic.
1. Know that results require hard work. Results will not magically manifest themselves. Remind yourself that achieving results requires you to avoid becoming stagnant in the pursuit of your goals.
2. Start with a disciplined routine. A strong start to the morning can set the tone for the rest of the day, so begin each morning with a routine to get you motivated and ready to start working. Eat a breakfast that will keep you energized.
3. Tackle difficult challenges first. Consider starting the day addressing the most challenging tasks in order to train yourself to embrace difficult situations. Putting off difficult projects may enhance avoidance behaviors and foster procrastination.
4. Avoid distractions. Try to distance yourself from distractions during work hours by turning off phones and avoiding social media. Identify the things that most easily distract you from work and create solutions to address them.
5. Manage your time. Learning to manage your time can help prevent procrastination and increase your ability to make deadlines. In addition, it can help you avoid rushing to finish a task at the last minute.