Despite leading multi-million-dollar business ventures by his early twenties, New York entrepreneur Jonah Engler has chosen to set his ventures aside to dedicate his focus on his family. Despite his success, Jonah Engler maintains that parenting is his most important job.
Many successful entrepreneurs and businesspeople struggle with finding time for their family during their busy work schedules. Here are three tips to help the busy professional keep up with their kids:
- Hire Help – Your work day is long enough, but add in the extra hours running errands and completing other menial tasks and you are left with even less time with your kids. Instead of hiring a babysitter so you can do those tasks, hire somebody to do those tasks so you can spend the time with your kids. While an assistant or errand runner may cost more than a babysitter, the value comes in the extra time at home with your family.
- Enlist Their Help – For smaller chores around the house like cooking and cleaning, enlist the help of your children to turn that boring task into quality family time. While your tasks may take more time and create more of a mess, your children may one day look back fondly on that quality time they spent with you making dinner or tidying up.
- Quality Over Quantity – A study recently published in the Journal of Marriage and Family found that the quantity of time spent with children had almost no relationship to how the children turned out later in life. Instead, the study and others like it suggest aiming for quality activities like reading to your child, eating with them, or engaging with them in a one-on-one setting.
Latest posts by Jonah Engler (see all)
- Jonah Engler – How to be a Successful Entrepreneur - November 27, 2017
- How Music Improves Productivity - November 1, 2017
- Taking Political Action with the United Federation of Teachers - October 25, 2017